Sunday, April 12, 2009

Super Busy!!

I've been so busy here lately that I have not been able to come and visit everyone in Bloggerland. Please don't think it isn't because I don't care, because you all have very nearly become like family to me. It is just that life is a bit too hectic and there doesn't seem to be enough daylight, or twilight hours in a day for me to accomplish everything I need to do. Not to mention, the Lung Death, is hanging on. I am still coughing more that I like and it is exhausting. It is going on three weeks now, and I have completed a 10 day round of antibiotics. At work I am in the middle of a 7 day stretch, I don't have another day off until Friday the 17th. And the Supervisor is starting a two week vacation tomorrow, which will leave me the one in charge! How scary is that?! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I am alive, and I will hopefully be commenting on your posts again soon.


Cece said...

I almost had a heart attack last night. One of the neigbor kids ran over Forrest with his motorbike and he came running, screaming into the house. I don't think I have ever removed my ass from the couch as fast as I did last night when I saw my child running into the house with his face covered in blood. He was howling histerically, and it took several minutes to get him calmed down enough to tell us what happened. He had a puncture wound and a nice knott on his left temple and I was quite worried, and furious at the same time. He also had two puncture wounds accompanied with two huge knotts on his left shin. After cleaning the blood and hold cold compresses on his leg and temple, I calmed down enough to telephone the parents of the child that ran over him. I managed to tell the parents that I best NEVER see the child on the bike near my house again or I would be calling the police. The boy is entirely too young (he's 6) to be riding a motorbike unsupervised around the neighborhood anyway. I do believe I was quite rude. Moments later the boy and his dad came to the house to check on Forrest. Luckily, Harvey had calmed me down enough to where I was a bit more civil. The boy was bawling. He was afraid that he had really hurt Forrest. It is the one pictured in the post below. He's a very good friend of theirs, and I know he didn't do it on purpose. I apologized for calling them when I was angry, but the dad said he completely understood. I told him a parent get's a bit histerical when she see's her child come into the house screaming and his face is covered with blood. But Forrest is fine. He will have a few bruises for awhile, and we will be keeping a close eye on the puncture wounds to make sure they don't get infected, but it could have been much, much worse.

Robyn said...

OMG! Poor thing...gosh that could have gone really bad...thank god it didn't! All my thoughts and prayers coming your way for your wee one! Come by and check out my birthday post! That will put a smile on your face!